Jan 23, 2018
Generally resources are bookable to all staff, however Sobs includes the facility to limit who can see or book a resource.
By default a resource will be viewable and bookable by any staff member.
You can restrict access to a resource. This will enable only specified staff to book this resource.
- In the Resource management area click the ‘Edit’ link to edit the resource details
- Place a tick in the ‘Restricted’ check box and click ‘Save’
- The resource list will display the link ‘Configure’ in the Restricted column for this resource. Click the ‘Configure’ link
- This will display a list of restrictions for this resource
- By default the restriction allows all users (*) to book the resource
- Click the ‘Add-rule’ link
- Click ‘Allow’ to create an allow rule and select the staff member that is being granted access to this resource
- Continue adding ‘Allow’ rules for each staff member
- Remove the ‘Allow’ ‘*’ rule – this will remove the ability for all staff to book this resource
If there are a limited number of staff who will have access to the resource then creating a set of ‘Allow’ records is the most efficient setup. Alternatively if there are a few people who will be restricted from booking a resource then you can leave the generic ‘Allow’ record and configure some additional ‘Deny’ rules to deny those staff members access to this resource.