Jan 23, 2018
Booking Types is an optional component that you can configure for use in your school. It is not activated by default.
Enable Booking Types
You will need to be logged in as a Sobs administrator.
- Click on ‘School settings’ in the Configuration menu
- Click on the ‘RB.SOBS’ tab – this is the configuration specifically for the Resource Booking application
- Click the ‘Edit’ button (top right of the page)
- Place a tick in the check box for the ‘Booking types’ option and click ‘Save’
- You may be required to log-off and log-on to recognise the change in this setting
This will enable booking types to be recorded for your school. If booking types has been enabled correctly you should see a ‘Booking types’ option in the Configuration menu.
Configuring your Booking types
You can specify any booking types you wish, although many schools use this option to identify the booking purpose, whether it is regular classes, PD, co-curricular groups, staff meetings, external groups, or other purposes.
- Click on the ‘Booking types’ option in the Configuration menu
- From this screen you can add, edit or delete the Booking types for your school
- Click the ‘Make-default’ option on the booking type that should be selected by default when staff are making a booking
Deleting a Booking type that has been recorded on bookings will result in unexpected results.
Changing the description on a Booking type that has been recorded on bookings will apply to all previous bookings using this code.
Required value when making a Booking
When Booking types are enabled the selection of a booking type is required when making a booking. By default the ‘Default’ value will be selected, however staff will be able to change this to any other available option.
With ‘Booking types’ enabled the option to report by ‘Booking type’ will appear as an option in the report selection values. Therefore you can produce reports limited to specific Booking type values, or you can report statistics based on the Booking type selected on interviews.